PEC Modules SCIP Notifications
What is the SCIP database?
The revised Waste Framework Directive 2008/98/EC, which entered into force in July 2018, provides a role for ECHA to establish and maintain a database with information on Substances of Concern In articles, as such or in complex objects (Products), named as “SCIP database”.
The information will be submitted by companies supplying articles containing SVHCs on the Candidate List placed on the EU market. The SCIP database will ensure that this information is available throughout the whole lifecycle of articles and materials, including at the waste stage.
Why choose us
Compliance Map offers services and solutions to help you create and submit your SCIP notifications by:
- Identifying a need for a SCIP notification - The CMAP system automatically rolls-up material content data to flag any article, complex object or product containing an SVHC above the .1% w/w concentration. Multiple legal entities can be managed within the system, to identify notifications needed for each entity supplying the product.
- Identifying data gaps - CMAP identifies each item within your BOM that is missing SVHC data and flags records with missing SCIP attributes such as Material and Article Category
- Collecting data - Campaigns can be leveraged to automatically gather any missing data from suppliers, including applicable SCIP numbers, utilizing standard material declaration formats such as IPC-1752B and IPC-1754 to help simplify your notifications. Campaigns are automated to send reminders and escalations for any non-responsive suppliers and will auto-validate any returned responses.
- Storing data - Once data is gathered into the CMAP system, it is recorded against your BOM data mirrored from your PLM and will roll-up visual indicators to help you keep track of progress. Multiple SCIP attributes may be stored and business rules established to determined which will be used for your notifications.
- Submitting notifications - Our team will assist you in registering with ECHA and establishing your provision for S2S integration. The CMAP system an automatically creates and submits IUCLID XML notifications to ECHA and records submission references.. Alternatively, users can download their notifications for manual submission to the ECHA website.
- Generating SCIP declarations for your customers - SCIP data may be communicated, together with your REACH Article 33 communications, to your customers by generating bespoke or standard declaration templates.
To find out more about how Compliance Map can help you meet SCIP compliance obligations, book a demo today.