The Oeko-Institut has begun a project to review the list of restricted substances and assess a new exemption request.
The following substances will be assessed for inclusion in the List of Restricted Substances (Annex II) under the RoHS Directive:
· Diantimony trioxide (flame retardant)
· Tetrabromobisphenol A (TBBP-A, flame retardant)
· Indium phosphide (InP)
· Medium chain chlorinated paraffins (MCCPs) - Alkanes, 14-17, chloro
· Beryllium and its compounds
· Nickel sulphate and nickel sulfamate
· Cobalt dichloride and cobalt sulphate
An exemption request for the use of cadmium in luminescent material for on-chip application on LED semiconductor chips will also be evaluated.
Stakeholders will be consulted during the course of the project.