EU eco-design amendment regulations for many energy using products have been published today which aim to provide clarification and reference information to assist manufacturers in complying with the requirements.
Clarification has been provided in respect of the following products:
- servers and data storage products
- electric motors and variable speed drives
- refrigerating appliances
- light sources and separate control gears
- electronic displays
- household dishwashers, household washing machines and household washer-dryers
- refrigerating appliances with a direct sales function
For example, Annex IIIa has been added to Regulation EC 2019/424 listing standards for servers and data storage products, including EN 45558:2019 which provides guidance on how critical raw material content may be declared.